Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Habits

 


We've all heard that saying before, "You can't expect different results, if you keep doing the same things." Pretty self explanatory. One cannot achieve a different outcome if we keep practicing the same routine, keep doing the same process, or making the same decisions. I can tell you, on a honest and personal note (cause this is a personal blog after all) that I am the least disciplined person around. I start things and don't finish them, give up halfway through, and don't give the process a chance because my anxious self doesn't see immediate results. I've struggled with this for a while now, not fully grasping the root of why I can't follow through with something. Granted, motivation I have, ideas and plans overflow, action and passing the starting line is a-ok, it's just keeping the wheels moving that I have some trouble with. I've taken several personal development courses over the past year that were designated to help me with this very problem. Although they have greatly helped me in the areas of "coming out of my shell", "assertiveness", and "not giving a fuck what people think", I still have some struggles when it comes to actually following through with proposed plans. I must give myself some credit, I have become better at sticking through with my goals for a longer period of time, and putting them into action sooner rather than later. So what is the point of me writing this? That I have learned that it is habit that keeps you going.

Habits are everything.

Habits are the everyday decisions that one makes that determines the big pictures. Habits are the slight paint strokes on a canvas that lead to either a wonderful masterpiece or "full on Monet". Habits are the small steps that appear insignificant, but are actually the reason you get to where you get. It's not motivation, it's not willpower, it's habits. Habits powered by that willpower and motivation, established and done on a repeated basis.


I am excited to be starting this new exciting stage in my life where I will be dedicating myself, full force, to achieving a few goals that I've been wanting to do for some time. More than anything however, I am working on my overall discipline and consistency, to keep a habit ongoing and to pack down a routine, taking steps towards those things that I want to achieve. I'm putting myself on the record here, that I am giving my 100% to this new phase, being consistent and forward with everything I do.
 
 
HABITS, HABITS, HABITS. Not always a bad thing.
 
<3Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment