Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Letter to You, 2014.

 
Hello there 2014, I kind of forget how apocalyptic you sound. I mean, don't you remember when you were only but a mere vision in our heads, with thoughts of flying cars and telepathic connections? Yes, I know, YOU knew that wasn't happening, but we all liked to believe so, back in the 90's anyway. So where do we go from here? What else is there to do? If we are being honest, I feel like you are already gone. I have you all planned out and things seem fair. Let's see, I started you out in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip, with an awkward kiss (PDA is not Isaac's suit), and chilly hands. Only to proceed to a delicious 2 am breakfast dinner of scrambled eggs and turkey bacon, complete with hashbrowns, toast, and some fluffy buttermilk pancakes. Not the most healthy of meals, but one that filled my hearts content, especially that turkey bacon. Man, that turkey bacon. How long had it been since I've had ANY bacon. It was glorious, delicious, and oh so bacon-ey. May you never fall trap to the criticism that you are not as good as the "real" bacon, because turkey bacon... YOU ARE.
But onto the real question here, the real debacle.
 
How will I make you mine?
 
I have you all planned out, yet I feel so disorganized, like I still have no idea of where it is exactly that I am going. I know that a lot people are really excited about you, they're motivated, galvanized, inspired. They are really happy you are here. I on the other hand, have yet to experience all of those feelings. Maybe it's because 2013 was really a good year for me. A lot of changes happened, planned and unplanned, that made me into a better person. I saw beautiful places, met interesting people, and learned new information. Maybe because your predecessor WAS so good to me, I am a little uncertain of what you hold and wondering if I'm destined to enter an offset season. Yes, unfortunately there is a bit of a pessimistic within me, but it only flares up when it's cold outside. So don't worry. Again, I'm uncertain. BUT, I'll look to the good, because I do have big plans for you, as I said.
 
Resolutions you ask?
 
I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but I am not against it, anything to better yourself as a person is good in my book. So don't mock me when I say, I really do want to get healthy this year, like for real. I can hear you laughing already, but I know deep down you extend you arm in support and are really rooting for me. I have a goal in mind, and I'm really committed to reaching it. Like really. So as your buddy March rolls around, you should see some change. Changes of all sorts I should add, since I also need to figure out where the next move is to. It's still undecided as to where, but as you progress, I'll know. Also, I don't know if you are aware, but I love the City. 2013 can tell you all about my trip in June, it was exquisite! NYC in the most gorgeous season with the person I love was definitely a highlight of last year. So I can't wait to go again, but this time with a friend! She's never been so I hope she's just as excited as me. It should be fun.
 
Then after that.... what's next?
 
Hmmm, I'll be done with school for the summer and will have some free time on my hands. As you might have heard, as much as I love to waste time, I am really trying to avoid that with you. I had enough wasting for a while and am really working on making my time worth something. Maybe go shoot around town or something. Take some weekend trips to Arizona, or Utah, see something new. I got to take advantage of your extended sunlight hours! Must be paying the dude overtime (& rightfully so) because I love that beating sun at 7 p.m. But like all good things, they come to an end, and then you cycle back into fall, and back to school I go! I'll use the fall to read more books as my hibernation mode starts to kick in. Then we go back to Winter and as much I want to return to the beautiful country of Mexico during this time, I got to see where you take me to see if it'll happen. Time will tell, right?
 
So what am I trying to tell you here you ask yourself. Well Year 2014, I hope that I am inspired during your time here. That I use you to your full extent and create memories that I will cherish and remember forever. That as your seasons change, I too would change. Transforming into a better person. Mature in nature and with life goals in mind. Remember, you should be privileged! You get me on my golden birthday! I'll be turning 22 & ain't that a beautiful thing?
 
<3 Stef

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2014 Stef! I hope you have a great year, I'm a little jealous of all your exciting plans!

    ReplyDelete