Friday, November 8, 2013

Toluca, Mexico / Pt. 1

 
Hello there! I'm back to reality, settled and into the routine! I recently returned from a 2 week trip in the beautiful city of Toluca, Mexico and let me tell you people, it was AMAZING! Mexico never fails to deliver an amazing experience, especially when she makes sure to surround me with great food, views, culture, and my family. I didn't venture out of the city as much as I had hoped for, but I managed to explore every bit of Toluca frequenting the "Centro" and every mercado I could get myself into. There is never a dull moment when I'm in the homeland. The people are so welcoming, striking conversations with you even though you are only but a stranger to them.
 
A vast majority of my family lives in Toluca and my mom grew up there, so going back always feels like home. (As a matter of fact, I lived there for a few months back when I was only 3 years old!)
Here is the first batch of pictures that I took while strolling the streets of my this beautiful city. Mameys in the mercado, taco stands in the street, the famous "La Vaquita" stand in "Los Portales", Teatro Morelos, and my favorite, the local shoe shiners. :)
 


 
Rest assured, more pictures will be up soon. La Feria del Alfeñique was going on, Day of the Dead (of course!), we visited "Las Grutas de La Estrella, the magical town of Ixtapan, and my favorite; The National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City.
 
Other Mexico posts
Last year's trip, click here.
 
<3 Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment