Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Weekend Salads


Salad 1: Romaine hearts, arugula, mix greens, micro-greens, English cucumber, red bell pepper, jicama, avocado, red onion, & avocado-garlic dressing. YUM.


I like salads. I really do. In the summer they are fresh, light, cold, and use up all those vegetables in the fridge that need some loving. I love that you can never go wrong with a salad, usually ANYTHING you put in it will pair well and you can let your imagination run wild when creating your own. This weekend, I relaxed a little and enjoyed some amazing fresh greens in my new HUGE wooden bowl (which is a beauty!). I wasn't in a rush and took my time cutting up the fresh stuff and feeling like Emeril placing everything in a "careful" matter.

This weekend I had 2 different salads, one inspired by Trader Joe's Marinated Artichoke and Hearts of Palm prepared salad that I love, and the other a pishposh (is that a word?) of things that I found in the fridge. They were both different and delicious. What is your favorite summer salad? Do you even like salads? I bet if you're weather is still snowy and cold, they might not even be on your radar yet!


Salad 2: Spring Mix, romaine hearts, marinated artichokes, hearts of palm, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, avocado, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
 
<3 Stef

My prayers to the beautiful people of Oklahoma who are suffering from this terrible devastation. That God may bring you strength and peace during this time of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment