Monday, December 24, 2012

Easy Oreo Truffles


Hello there! It's Christmas Eve and guess what? My mind is blown by how fast this year has gone by. This year literally flew past me, treating me well on the way. I am so happy to be starting a new year. With Christmas Eve today, I wonder (almost bet) that you'll be heading to a dinner/party/get together tonight and completely forgot you have to take something with you. Cheese and cracker platters are alright, but what if I told you those fancy schmancy beauties up there took me less than an hour and no oven or stove was required? Too good to be true? Well let me tell you how this recipe has gotten me out of a jiffy more than once. They are super easy, delicious, no bake Oreo Truffles.
 
So you might have heard of them, you might have not. Either way, they are to die for! I first tried these at my little sister's choir bake sale and was mind boggled at the fact that anyone could MAKE these delicious treats. So i got home, researched varies recipes and with a few tweaks concluded with this one. This recipe is super fun to make with kids with clean hands!
 
 
Oreo Truffles
*I haven't tried any generic brands for this recipe*
 
Ingredients
1 package of Oreo Cookies
1 8 oz. package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese *room temperature, cut into cubes*
Almond Bark
Milk Chocolate Chips *optional*
 
Instructions
Take your Oreos, separating them from each other (to make it easier to process) and place them in a food processor or Ziploc bag. Grind them till you have very fine granules and place them aside in a bowl. Take your softened cream cheese and little by little start incorporating it into the cookie crumbs. This might be a little time consuming, but I much prefer this method instead of putting it in the food processor. Make sure you blend knead everything well together until no visible white lumps are showing. You should have a sticky dough like mixture. From this you will start forming your small quarter size truffles that will go on a cookie sheet. Place them in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to harden a bit. During this time take your almond bark & chocolate chips and microwave it according to instructions. *Usually I take about 4 chunks and microwave it for 2-3 minutes; stopping every once in a while to mix it* Dip your truffle balls into the mixture and set on the cookie sheet again. Once you are done dipping them; drizzle some of the chocolate on top or sprinkle extra Oreo cookie crumbs on top. Refrigerate for 25 minutes to harden the coating.
 
 
& you're done! See how easy that was? I am probably going to make these as soon as I get home to take to our family dinner tonight!
 
Happy Christmas Eve to everyone. May you all have an amazing holiday with your loved ones remembering the true reason to celebrate!
 
<3 Stef

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the good writeup. It in truth was once a entertainment account it.
    Look complex to more brought agreeable from you! However, how can
    we keep up a correspondence?
    Also visit my weblog ... new super mario bros. soda jungle painted swamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cool! I don't think I have read something like this before. So wonderful to discover someone with a few unique thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This website is one thing that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!
    Also visit my website FinderHostel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to
    me. Anyhow, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!
    My website: how to become a millionaire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a few excellent stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking
    for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you
    set to create such a excellent informative site.
    Also visit my blog ... Home Design Love

    ReplyDelete