Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ten Things Thursday


Picture I this morning as I was heading for work.

1. I've been pretty MIA from dee blog lately.
   & not cause I haven't felt inspired or anything, it's just life has been pretty hectic these last couple of weeks. We just moved to a new house (yeeee!!) and putting it together has been quite the task. There has been a few changes at work (good ones!), and I haven't been feeling my best lately. (scratchy throat, tiredness, bleh). So no worries, give it another week or so, and I'll be back to normal! Oh yeah, and still no Internet at the casa, so it makes it a little harder too...

2. Home doesn't feel like HOME.
    I really don't know how long it's supposed to take before your new home feels "homey" but it's been 2 weeks and nothing so far. I haven't had good sleep since I left our old apartment and i can't help but feel like this is all just a temporary stay (even though it's not!). I guess it will be a while before home feels like home.

3. I've never had cottage cheese.
    Okay, I lie. I remember having it ONCE. One time in preschool during snack time. A big bowl of the lumpy white stuff was set before me with a side of what seemed like canned cling peaches. I remember looking at it, tasting it, and never touching it again. However, as of recently I've been really curious on trying it again. The texture seems similar to Arroz Con Leche, and whenever my family eats it, it looks heavenly. I can't fathom the thought of trying it though. Scared much?

4. Desperate Housewives
   Has been all I've been watching the last week or so. The thought that I'm almost done with all 8 seasons scares me a bit, because once I get through those, there's nothing else! My little sister got me into the show (as weird as that sounds) a few months back. (Getting into it herself once she visited the "Wisteria Lane Lot" during a school trip). I can honestly say it's one of the best series I have ever seen. (Top 3 for sure!) I love all the characters for different reasons, but absolutely adore Bree & Lynette.

5. It's been a month
 & i have only used heat on my hair TWICE. I've learned that the secret to good hair is not using all these products, it's not using heat! Ever since I stopped, my hair has been sooooo much healthier, shinier, and stronger. It's less oily and less frizzy. You might go through this weird first week where its all crazy and flyways seem to go rampant, but I promise it's all worth it by week 3!

6. I'm learning to be more assertive.
Not because I want people to think im tough. I just want to be able to say what I think without feeling scared! Enough with the Stef who doesn't have a spine! I want to be assertive without being aggressive.

7. If you're heading to the movies...
GO WATCH LOOPER. Awesome. Original. Joseph Gordon Levitt. All you need to know.

8. I bought a Clarisonic.
It's only been 4 days, and it has already revolutionized my life.

9. Bible Studies have started again!
& how I have missed them! I just love learning about God's word with a group of people who love it as much as I do.

10. Leaving to San Francisco tomorrow!
Farmers Market, Golden Gate, Monterrey, Carmel, PHC cruising, Ocean, awesomeness. Can't wait!


How has your week been? What are some of the things that have been on your mind lately? (:

<3 Stef

3 comments:

  1. Try cottage cheese again! You'll love it... and this comes from an "arroz con leche" hater!

    Don't eat it with fruit... Try it on its own first... I don't like it with sweet stuff... :) but you might be different

    I've been missing you so much! I am so happy to see you here again! Hopefully your new home will feel like home soon!

    Bible Studies are great indeed!

    Paloma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to try it! I'll let you know once I do.

      I have missed you too! Considering you are one my dearest blogger friends (:

      Stef

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to try it! I'll let you know once I do.

    I have missed you too! Considering you are one my dearest blogger friends (:

    Stef

    ReplyDelete