Monday, October 22, 2012

New York, I Miss You.



I know, I know. I just came back from beautiful San Francisco and all I can think of now is how the heck I'm going to get myself back to New York City. If you've known me long enough, you know my true city love is the concrete jungle that boasts yellow taxis and hovering skyscrapers. The noise, the movement, the amazingness of it all. I'm craving it again. I know, pretty pathetic. It's been less than 6 months since I came back and there is nowhere I'd rather be than there. I rediscovered the song, "New York State of Mind" and I realized this is exactly how I feel and always felt. Every single word describes what my little city hungry heart feels. Especially the line, "It comes back to reality and it's fine with me cause I've let it slide." Cause I truly have. I don't care about anything else, I just want to get there. I want to walk the streets in the city which I was meant to be & i will. Soon one day I will see you again New York. Trust me!


Some folks like to get away, Take a holiday from the neighborhood.
Hop a flight to Miami Beach or to Hollywood.
But I'm takin' a Greyhound on the Hudson River line.
I'm in a New York state of mind.
 
I've seen all the movie stars in their fancy cars and their limousines.
Been high in the Rockies under the evergreens.
I know what I'm needin', and I don't want to waste more time.
I'm in a New York state of mind.

It was so easy livin' day by day
Out of touch with the rhythm and blues
But now I need a little give and take
The New York Times, the Daily News.

It comes down to reality, and its fine with me cause I've let it slide.
I don't care if it's Chinatown or on Riverside.
I don't have any reasons.I left them all behind.
I'm in a New York state of mind.


<3 Stef


Billy Joel does it like no other, but I can't help but absolutely ADORE Glee's rendition.

No comments:

Post a Comment