Thursday, September 6, 2012

5 Things


Vegas sunset on a Summer evening.
 
 
- To Forgive. I'm learning that everyone makes mistakes, and that no matter how "big" or detrimental they might seem or how much those mistakes have hurt & jaded me, I am no one to NOT forgive the person who made them. I am learning that once you TRULY forgive someone, and make an effort to let go of all that resentment, a burden is lifted off your shoulders. It's like I can walk free again. Like all those chains that used to bond me are no more.

-Take My Vitamins. This used to be a big hassle for me. I always dreaded it and would often skip the whole thing just so I wouldn't have to feel those pills in my esophagus.  I would drink a WHOLE tall glass of water for 1 vitamin, so you could imagine how full i felt by the third one. However, once I read this article, it all changed. I now look down and can take them all with one glass of water!

-Feel Comfortable Without Makeup. It's like that milestone that every girl wishes to pass. I don't have perfect skin (i can probably say I have the complete opposite of that) But even with the sometimes red, uneven terrain of the land i call my skin, I have learned to not be so self conscious about it. & it feels amazing.

-Wake Up Early. I'm a night owl, so getting up early in the mornings has never been an easy task for me. I have never successfully mastered what i call the ideal morning routine, but am learning that the earlier i wake up, the more time i have to accomplish stuff. & it always feels good to have done a third of your to do list by 10 am.

- Stay Focused. Never have I been so consistent on exercise. I have been working out at least 5-6 days a week ever since i came back from vacation.  I vary between Zumba classes, running, and the elliptical. I remember when I could barely finish a Zumba class or run for 5 minutes without tiring. Now I can finish a class with energy, and can finish my 2 mile runs without stopping! I'm learning it's just a matter of staying focused & being consistent.

Oh yeah; and Im completely obsessed with this song, it's pretty fantastic.

<3 Stef 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I need to do better with my exercise... I was doing great and then I hit a bump on the road... I have to get back at it soon... and part of that is waking up early too! I am sooo bad!!! I know only the first 2 weeks will be the hardest... I just need to start now! Thanks for sharing Stef! You are absolutely gorgeous... no make up needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Paloma! :) & i totally hear you on the bumps on the road. been there before! Just keep going consistency is key. Even if its just 10 min, do the 10 min everyday :) Keep me updated girlie!

      Delete