Thursday, July 5, 2012

Strawberry Jam Delights!


I've been in this baking mood lately (yes, once a week is a HUGE accomplishment for me LOL) so when I saw this easy recipe on TV by the lovely Ingrid Hoffman, I decided to give it a go. It's not super homemade since I did use premade dough, but hey, I'm trying! It's SUPER easy and only took me about 30 minutes. It's the perfect dessert idea for those last minute house guests and are ideal during BBQ season! Considering that the link to the recipe is in Spanish here is my spin on it. Enjoy!

You need:
1 packet of thin crust pizza dough
strawberry preserves (or cherry preserves, I used strawberries)
1/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Mix together the preserves, walnuts, and cinnamon and set aside. Spread out the dough on a lightly floured surface, cut in half horizontally. Place the preserve mixture along the middle of the dough making sure not to put too much as it can overflow. *think cinnamon rolls* Roll up and cut into 1 inch (or whatever size you desire) pieces. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and enjoy! :)


See how easy that was? I served these for my mom and I for a small coffee break. They were perfect alongside some fresh strawberries and coffee. Speaking of coffee, don't forget to join us at my good friend Paloma's blog, The Coffee Shop! I'll have a guest post, where I'll be showing you how easy it is to make your own mug design! :) So make some cookies, and bring your coffee so we can have a good time!

So here's my question; What's your go to easy recipe you always have on hand?

Have a wonderful Thursday! :)

<3 Stef

7 comments:

  1. I was pretty sure I had already left a comment here.... huh.... weird! :) Those look awesome Stef! Looking forward to tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! They look so cute...a perfect treat for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dainty and easy, my kind of dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Stef- Check out todays post...
    http://www.taradennyimages.com/2012/07/baby-dont-leave-me-and-blog-award.html
    You might see someone you know ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I found a great blogger there ;)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Guys! :) I actually read the post before seeing your comment and was totally surprised! LOL

      Delete