Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Monday!


Candies straight from Toluca, Mexico!

Happy Monday everyone! It's been a while since I actually did a "Happy Monday" post and figured why not? My weekend was pretty low key in terms of what I did. Which was not much. Let's see...Friday, I came home from the day job and fell asleep. Why? Cause the night before me and Fran stayed up till 3 am pretending to do our own commentaries on the music video channels. Who knew critiquing Katy Perry while eating dried mangos could be so fun? So with that said Friday was pretty much a bust. Saturday I woke up to my 4 year old brother watching "Wipeout" on my iPhone. He has somehow managed to remember my lock code, find the HULU app, and type in WIP into the search bar. He seems to love crawling into my bed early in the morning...& i secretly love that! I wake up to a smiling face telling me "Hola Fany!" <--which is what he calls me, you know...short for Esthefany LOL.

I managed to also give my room a well deserved cleaning as I had tons of uneccesary knick knacks lying around. I find that in the summer i love when my room can look simple, white, and minimal. I usually only sleep with a white sheet at night since it tends to be a boiling 102 degrees outside. One of these days I shall do a room tour as I always love to meander on how other(realistic)people decorate and set up their dwellings. I also got into the weird trend of hanging some of my scarves and pieces of random fabric over my windows to create some more "oomph" within all the white walls. Sometimes I have one or two or even three if im feeling like hanging them up. Either way, I dig it.


BTW

As you might have noticed from the amazing picture above, my aunt brought back some authentic Mexican candies! There is seriously nothing more amazing than handmade sweet goodness. They all have a different taste, texture, and consistency. My favorite of course are the soft dulce the leche candies with the pecan on their swirled top. So good! I am so excited to be leaving to the homeland of my culture in 2 weeks! I haven't gone since 2005 so it's been a while, but most of all my mom hasn't been back since 1999, so you can imagine how nervous she is! Nothing beats being in Mexico amidst all the authenticity, culture, and people. (Swapmeets can only do so much you know... LOL). We'll be heading to Toluca where most of our family is, but will most definitely be stopping by other places too!



Alright so enough rambling, lets get onto the wandering!


This Filipino way of making ice cream has got me curious! Looks so delicious!

Funny to think how different it would have been if these celebs wouldn't have turned down these roles.

I shall do this at least ONCE in my lifetime. If not more. How cool to have an impromptu dinner at The Strip?!

Gosh, these pictures really made me want to go to the beach.

Tina Fey, I love you.

I want this....NOW!

Who says you can't grow food in the City?

My favorite new blogger this week.


Have an amazing week, don't forget to smile, drink water, and think happy thoughts! :)

<3 Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment