Friday, June 15, 2012

The Spinach Swap!



 I am a die hard pasta lover. I can't help but become weak in the knees when a plate of carb loaded pasta and fresh garlic bread is set before me. It's bad. However, I keep in mind that these delicious things aren't very good for my wasteline and and my overall health (the white enriched stuff anyways), and am always on the lookout for healthy alternatives. A while back I have heard about the "Spinach Swap", where (as its name suggests) you swap pasta for spinach in whatever recipe you might be cooking up. I thought this to be the most brilliant idea! It might not taste the same, or even look remotely close. However, this seems to keep my pasta cravings under control although I will admit to that bowl of garlic butter penne and vegetable every once in a while (:  Try it! Let me know how it goes for you!

<3 Stef

2 comments:

  1. interesting idea! I soo love pasta! But I've pretty much eliminated it from my diet because I can't stay "under control" when eating it! Too many calories... way too many carbs! ... This sounds great, although Spinach "shrinks so much" when cooked! I do like it though... I'll try to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Carbs indeed are so delicious! & yes Spinach tends to shrink, so make sure to add lots!

      Delete