Thursday, June 7, 2012

As IF!



"Until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there's no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value" -Cher (Clueless, 1995)

We all have that one movie we know all the lines too, sing along with the music, and know the characters upcoming facial expressions. These movies send inside of us waves of comfort and joy, and make those lonely friday night all that much better. For me it's Clueless. I freaking love that movie! I remember exactly how I found it too. Me and my younger sister were looking for something to watch having no cable and being tired of soccer on the Univision channel. We ravaged through what seemed some old VHS tapes and encountered one we had never seen before. We fired up the VCR and inserted the nameless massive tape. We stood there in awe of what we saw. (This is starting to sound more like a sex tape encounter, SOO glad that is not the case).

Even though we were young (Maybe 10 years old) we found the movie hilarious! I instantly fell in love with Cher's amazing outfits, "maturity, and wit. My sister couldn't help but think Dionne was super cool and frankly badass. Watching it being now a bit older I realized there were a lot of things that I now understand that probably weren't appropriate for a 10 year old. Yet again, at that age I probably didn't get the jokes anyway....

"Amber: Ms. Stoeger, my plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing any activity where balls fly at my nose.
 Dionne: Well, there goes your social life"  

See what I mean? LOL
 
I also love Christian... he thinks he's such a cool cat with his fedora and awesome Billy Holiday playing car. Even though Paul Rudd is pretty cute, Travis (played by my the awesome Breckin Meyer)  is my favorite guy in the flick. Who even though might be fried all day, is super sweet and sensitive deep down. (Marvin the Martian is clearly the epitome of romantism here!) LOL I love the randomness of the whole movie and how well the characters (despite how different they are) mesh together.
Now that I think of it, if you haven't seen Clueless go rent it tonight. Right now. Stop everything you're doing and go find it cause you have not experienced 1995 and all it's hip hop, pants sagging, cellphone block glory till you see it!

 Yes, Clueless you will ALWAYS inhabit that space in my heart.
<3 Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment