Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Homemade Croutons!


I tend to be one of those people that if I can easily make something instead of buying it, I will. I love the idea that I can skip on consuming all of those extra preservatives and chemicals that my body does NOT need. Granted, an abundance of raw&fresh fruits & vegetables is always the way to go, but when you can give yourself the indulgence of lets say; croutons; then this recipe is perfect! :) This recipe is so simple that I felt a little silly posting it, but considering the fact that my own mama was amazed at them, I obliged.

Ingredients:

French bread or a Baguette
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Italian Herbs Seasoning


Go ahead and preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut your loaf or piece of bread into cubes  (of whatever size you want). Sprinkle them over a baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil on top. Add a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of dried herb seasoning for taste.

Place the "raw" croutons in the oven for about 10 minutes; checking back every 3 minutes and tossing them around so they get baked evenly. (I learned from experience, that they are easy to burn if you lolligag for even a minute). Keep checking on them until they are of a golden brown. Take them out of the oven and let them cool. They should be crunchy and tasty at the touch.

(my lunch for today with the amazing croutons!)

See how easy that was?! Never again will you need to buy croutons that are filled with preservatives and unknown ingredients! I say that is pretty awesome!

Enjoy on salads, soups, or as a quick snack by themselves. Let me know if you try them!

<3 Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment