Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Desert Wonders


Living in Las Vegas, one gets used to not seeing much greenery & seeing a LOT of rocks and shrubs. & when one visits a place that is plentiful with trees, flowers, and grass, there tends to be an amazement at the sight. This usually happens to me when I visit California, and awe at the fact that half of the population has fruit trees growing in their yard. (They know not how lucky they are!) However, I have accepted the fact that as long as I roam the so called City of Sin, I will not see sprouting orange trees on the side of the road anytime soon. There being a park not that far from me, celebrating desert botany at its finest, I managed to get a few shots of the beautiful cacti and flowers that are blooming throughtout the dry hot desert. As they might not be the typical flowers that you are acustomed to seeing, they are still unique and fascinating in their own way. It always seems to blow my mind how even in the midst of desert these little fellas can grow without the need of temperate weather or water irrigation. It also fascinates me how some of the strangest things grow out here, yet bloom with beautiful flowers within (sorta like the cactus below and above. Either way, it comes to show that Las Vegas does have some sort of vegetation and its beautiful at that! (:

Here are some pictures that I took this morning coming into work. :)


            Does anyone know what these are? They look like abnormal furry pea pods to me.



What are the strangest flowers or plants you've ever seen? (:

<3 Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment